Learn Photography, Photoshop and Lightroom from a professional photographer and educator.
My patient, paced teaching style has helped hundreds learn with confidence and tackle creative goals. I offer the collective learning of small-group workshops or the tailored guidance of private sessions. I always prioritize your pace and needs.
I work individuals or groups of emerging photographers and artists:
Here are some testimonials
• Turning fear into creative courage
• Photographic intention and mindset
• Staying creative and happier during the Pandemic
• Creative composition and taking visual risks
• Improve your instincts and ‘seeing’ the opportunity
• Guidance for building your personal style and creative momentum
• Getting un-stuck (yes, it happens to every creative!)
• From Hobby to Business: What you need to know to make the shift
• Choosing the best gear for your style, your budget and your body
• Creating your photography website
• Branding your creative business and bringing your work to market
• Lightroom: Taking control of your image library as well as expert development
• Photoshop: Work precisely on photographs, or create composites with control and confidence
Here are my current offerings:
|Explore The Beautiful Palouse! : 4 days||On Location!||June 11-14||FILLED|
Creative Storytelling Through Photoshop Montage
|The Art of Travel and Street Photography
Inspiration, shooting assignments, critiques & Lightroom
||Lightroom Mastery: LEVELS 1 & 2
Learn the best of Lightroom in two interactive Zoom sessions
|August 10 & 17||Enrolling|
|Photoshop For Photographers: LEVELS 1 & 2
Learn essentials of Photoshop in ONE weekend
|The Art and Soul of Eastern Cuba: 2022
Our Seventh licensed trip to this incredibly photogenic culture.
|Oriente, Cuba||TBA 2022||Inquire|
|The Art and Soul of Varanasi India: 2022
A spiritual land of ancient traditions and colorful cultural beauty
|Varanasi, India||TBA 2022||Inquire|
|| Customized Individual Instruction
Just what you want to learn, when you want to learn it.
|Online or in person||Ongoing||Inquire|
1. Group workshops provide full immersion into a fun, creative collective learning experience. You’ll benefit from sharing ideas, inspiration and knowledge with other experienced artists. My multi-day workshops offer the opportunity to work in desirable locations to learn while shooting, and gain important insights through group photo reviews. Students also receive individual coaching.
2. Independent learning with me allows us to fully customize the experience to fit your learning style, pace, and any other specific needs. We have the freedom and direct focus to follow the moment, shoot together and review images. We work at my location, in the field or at your home. You can bring current projects or images to work on.
3. Online learning via Zoom with shared screens in scheduled sessions. Similar to #2 above, we address your specific needs at your convenience, right from your location. Zoom is free, and all you need is my emailed link. Contact me to inquire about price and scheduling sessions.
MORE DESTINATION WORKSHOPS WILL BE LISTED AS DEVELOPED.
We are working on workshops in Varanasi, Prague and Portugal.
Just fill in the blanks to subscribe for more travel stories and techniques in Photography, Lightroom and Photoshop.
I occasionally send out "The Viewfinder" e-newsletter, and provide free presets and workshop discounts.
I never over-post, share your info, and you can opt out at any time.