Level 1: Saturday October 30, 10am-1:30pm PT
Level 2: Sunday October 31, 10am-1:30pm PT
We are now instructing via Zoom screen sharing so you can enjoy learning from home.
Why attend my Lightroom CC Classic Mastery workshops?
Many online workshop are just watch and take notes. No interaction for questions, issues or if confused. That is not an effective way to learn software. I teach Lightroom effectively in a way you’ll really learn by watching and practice. Using demonstrations, real-world samples, PDF workflows and practice, you will be able to create your own digital workflows and turn your thousands of captures into organized and perfectly developed artworks. Each student receives an extensive set of digital reference materials with step-by-step PDFs or links to tutorials to keep for additional review.
I guarantee you’ll leave with greater confidence in Lightroom, total control of your photos, ways to make versions and new time-saving tips.
Here’s what former students are saying about these workshops:
“The workshop was very well planned and run. Dave eagerly and very effectively shared his deep knowledge of LR as well as his strategies for improving our workflow and images. Dave provided ample opportunity to ask questions and was proactive in checking in with us before moving on to another topic. …the printed workshop hand-outs and folder of files served as an excellent summary of the topics covered. In summary, an extremely worthwhile experience!” — Carlo P., Lacey WA
“DJ, you are a Lightroom wizard! In these past several hours I learned to love Lightroom. Thank you…!” —D. Cushman, Boston, MA
“Dave’s an awesome teacher and made things easy to understand. I have a great respect for his knowledge and his ability to communicate it. — Jen K., Seattle WA
“David’s deep knowledge of Lightroom and computer technology is well-matched with his powers of communication and his patience. Lightroom is not so much complex as it is intricate. David can help you find your way around.” — Paul G., Portland OR
“David deftly provided class-wide information followed by individual help as needed by each student. He took us on a deep dive of the Library and Develop functions and settings. …I can now say after attending this class, I can apply what I learned in David’s class to my workflow of sorting, storing, and editing my ever increasing photo files. This will result in saving me a great deal of time.” — Gary B, Bellevue WA
“David provides clear and concise instruction. The pace is ideal and if you’re “stuck,” David works with you to get you back on track. Most importantly, David makes you feel comfortable asking any question whatsoever. I will most certainly take more of his classes in the future and quite possibly one of his trips.” — John O, Sammamish, WA
Level 1: Essentials of importing, image organization, using Collections and basic editing
Here’s what I intend to cover:
- What Lightroom is and isn’t, and why you will soon LOVE IT and use it with confidence.
- Set up your Lightroom Catalog preferences for best workflow and performance
- The Lightroom interface tour, best setup and tips on making things easier to view and use
- File types JPG, RAW, or RAW+JPG: Which to shoot and why.
- Import images from camera, memory card or existing collection on a hard drive
- Setting up your personal copyright metadata template to protect all of your images
- Organize all your images: view, sort, cull out, rename, delete, rate, group, etc.
- Basic image adjustments: Balance exposure, color and sharpness
- Work on each image alone, or together as a group of similars
- Compare images tool to find the best shot of a series (great for weddings, portraits, kids in motion)
- Adding simple basic keywords to make every image searchable
- Learn to use the wonders of Lightroom Image Collections: ‘virtual’ sets of themes or favorites for super-convenient organization
- New! How to fix and re-link missing folder or images
- New! Working with your Lightroom catalog(s) from any location
- New! Backing up Lightroom catalogs offline
- Q+A throughout the day
To join us you should have installed and running a recent release of Adobe Lightroom Classic \ Creative Cloud.
> Most demonstrations are also documented in a take-home PDF for reviewing later as needed.
> Use your own photo collection or use my provided RAW sample photos.
> Bring all your Lightroom questions as everyone learns from them.
[ REGISTER BELOW ]
Level 2: Developing, Retouching, B&W, Automation, Exporting and Sharing
Here’s what I intend to cover:
- Review of Smart Collections and Target Collections
- Expert Developing to make images print as well as possible
- Photo retouching essentials, including removing sensor dust and visual distractions
- Using Gradient Filters to correct landscape exposure problems.
- Masking away part of Gradient Filters
- Local Brush-based adjustments to fix or enhance specific areas of photos
- Fixing lens and perspective distortions and color aberrations
- Simulating the Polarizing Filter for bluer skies, deeper foliage
- Repeating developing Batch Development using Presets
- Precise B&W conversions and Split-toning
- Create ‘virtual’ versions of photos for different styles from a single image
- Using Power Search tools to find specific images FAST.
- How to Export your finished photos for any use
- Setting up custom Watermarks for your images
- Saving favorite development recipes as Develop Presets
- Sharpening and Noise reduction
- Working with your Lightroom catalog(s) from any location
- New! Off-line Lightroom edits using Smart Previews
- New! Sharing your image collections online or with an emailable PDF
- Backing up your Lightroom catalog and images
- Q+A throughout the day.
You will want to have a recent version of Lightroom CC Classic loaded and working on your computer with an updated copy of the Zoom app running.
> We take occasional 10-minute personal health breaks during the workshop and resume at a set time.
> Most demonstrations are also documented in a take-home PDF or YouTube links for reviewing later as needed.
> Bring in your own photo collection or use my complete lesson files containing lesson-targeted RAW sample photos.
> Bring all your Lightroom questions!
> This workshop will be recorded for your playback and reference!
- My workshops are limited to just ten registered participants. Small group means more attention per person.
- Workshop content is paced for the class median. Everyone receives individual guidance.
- Students leave with lessons, files and resource tutorial PDFs for use after the workshops, plus a month of help if you get stuck!
- Additional individual study is available, and is discounted if booked within one month of my workshop.)
- (if you don’t yet own Lightroom Creative Cloud, it’s well worth $10/mo as it is constantly updated. You can download the free trial at Adobe.com for this workshop).
$225 either day, or save $25 by registering for both days at just $425. Space is limited to Ten.
** Earn an additional $55 off when two people enroll in one payment for both days.
Full registration is required to hold your seat and to attend. Registration can be made in two ways for your convenience:
1. via Paypal using the drop-down selector button below.
2. Via Zelle or Venmo (email me for account info)
3. via Personal Check mailed to me at least a week in advance of workshop dates
(remember to choose from the drop-down menu before using Paypal button.)
Those preferring to pay by check can email me for my new mailing address.
Just fill in the blanks to subscribe for more travel stories and techniques in Photography, Lightroom and Photoshop.
I occasionally send out "The Viewfinder" e-newsletter, and provide free presets and workshop discounts.
I never over-post, share your info, and you can opt out at any time.